Expertise and Experience
Stephen Cochell is a Houston, Texas Business Attorney with over 30 years experience. A former Navy lawyer, federal prosecutor, chief disciplinary counsel and former “big firm lawyer” who established Cochell Law Firm to provide the highest quality representation, advice and counseling to individual, small business and corporate clients at a cost that makes business sense.
Expertise and Experience
Stephen Cochell is a former Navy lawyer, federal prosecutor, chief disciplinary counsel and former “big firm lawyer” who established Cochell Law Firm to provide the highest quality representation, advice and counseling to individual, small business and corporate clients at a cost that makes business sense.
Perhaps the most difficult decision for clients confronted with labor, employment, regulatory problems or even criminal allegations is selecting a business attorney who has the expertise and training to help them solve legal problems in the fastest, most cost effective manner.
Many businesses have suffered at the hands of large law firms who charge high hourly rates without regard to cost or results.
Hiring a smart business attorney to solve your problem is only part of your solution. Legal competence is not always accompanied by common sense and honesty in providing clients the best advice at the right time. Cochell Law Firm is committed to preventing or, if necessary, resolving legal problems at reasonable costs to its clients.
The Right Advice at the Right Time
Hiring a smart business attorney to solve your problem is only part of your solution. Legal competence is not always accompanied by common sense and honesty in providing clients the best advice at the right time.The Cochell Law Firm is committed to preventing or, if necessary, resolving legal problems at the lowest possible cost to its clients.
Judgment and extensive experience in both private practice and government have equipped us to analyze and quickly resolve or provide representation in legal problems ranging from labor and employment issues, commercial disputes, trade secrets, trademark, cyber squatting to representing individuals and businesses in complex civil and/or criminal cases such as racketeering, employee benefits, health care fraud, mail/wire fraud, insider trading, securities and tax fraud.
Strategic thinking, creative planning and budgeting at the “front end” of a problem can save substantial time, expense and legal fees. Extensive jury trial experience involving a broad range of legal issues have equipped us to provide you with a realistic budget that matches your needs.
Communication, Planning and Budgets
Strategic thinking, creative planning and budgeting at the “front end” of a problem can save substantial time, expense and legal fees.
Extensive jury trial experience involving a broad range of legal issues have equipped us to provide you with a realistic budget that matches your needs.
When confronted with litigation or a trial, we can provide you with hourly rates or, in appropriate cases, an estimated or flat fee budget budget based on the needs of the case. “offense” or a “defense” based on your objectives, legal ethics as well as the realities of the facts and the law.
- Cochell Law Firm focuses on complex civil and criminal litigation, including commercial, intellectual property and employment litigation as well as civil and criminal racketeering, fraud, tax fraud and insider trading. Starting his practice as a criminal lawyer and federal prosecutor, Stephen Cochell utilizes extensive experience from a broad range of practice areas to achieve success for his clients: (1) Serving as lead trial counsel or consultant in major commercial, labor, employment, intellectual property, and managing trial teams in designated cases, including discrimination, wage and hour, ERISA, FMLA, ADA, trade secret, trademark and cybersquatting actions. (2) Litigating complex contract, trade secrets, trademark, and partnership disputes. (3) Representing clients in matters involving professional misconduct, employment discrimination, health care fraud and white collar criminal defense..Read More About Me
WHY ENGAGE THE COCHELL LAW FIRM?
The Cochell Law Firm brings a small firm solution to complex problems. Regardless of size, virtually all companies are confronted with conflict, disputes or must retain counsel to defend against, or file lawsuits to protect their business.
At some point, all businesses potentially face claims involving breach of contract, interference with contract, deceptive trade practices, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, enforcement of…
Intellectual Property (“IP”)
A company’s intellectual property is its life blood. Theft of trade secrets, trademark and copyright infringement, “knocking off” trade dress, logos or other intellectual property can destroy a company’s business as surely as a natural disaster.
The Firm focuses on protecting a company’s intellectual “capital” through various methods, including drafting non-compete agreements, IP ownership agreements, software agreements and when necessary, through litigation.
C-Corp? S-Corp? LLC? Partnership? Sole Proprietorship? Cochell Law Firm provides support and advice to businesses regarding the type of business entity that best suits your goals. We help clients incorporate and address initial tax considerations.
Importantly, we draft Operating or Company Agreements for start-up or existing companies that help prevent intra-corporate or partnership disputes from destroying the effective business relationships.
Labor and Employment
Stephen Cochell represents clients in an array of industries, including retail, transportation, real estate, construction and manufacturing, provides clients with strategic advice and planning on labor and employment issue.
After obtaining a Master of Law degree in Labor Law from Georgetown University Law Center, Mr. Cochell served as lead counsel in a host of age, sex, race, religion whistleblower and ethnic origin cases as well as wage and hour, ERISA, FMLA, ADA, and non-compete cases.
White Collar Criminal Defense
Cochell Law Firm represents individuals and companies against allegations of public corruption, extortion, racketeering, fraud, including mail fraud, wire fraud, securities fraud, tax fraud, health care fraud, bank fraud as well as identity theft, theft of trade secrets and insider trading.
As a former federal prosecutor, Navy lawyer and Chief Disciplinary Counsel, we have the depth and experience in assessing potential criminal liability and presenting an aggressive defense against allegations raised by…
Business Attorney with Substantial Litigation and Courtroom Experience
- Big Firm Experience. Over 30+ years in complex issues. Read More About Me
- Knowing what works. “Been there done that!” We keep current on statutory and case law developments.
- Business I.Q. Business issues can be complex and muddy. We have the experience to see the big picture, while dealing with the details. You don’t have to train us to recognize your problems and solve them.
- No Nonsense approach. Many firms will chalk up billable hours on meaningless filings and documents. We tell it like it is and pull no punches.
- Affordable rates. We focus on your best outcome, not billable hours..
- Honesty. Our core value is always doing our best with integrity and honesty.
Litigation is expensive and painful. Using Cochell Law Firm’s expertise, we become a strategic partner to offer you alternatives and feasible solutions. If all negotiations fail, we have the litigation experience to aggressively pursue your business interests in court.